Thank you for your interest in First Baptist Christian School. With Biblical integration in all subjects, FBCS offers choices in academics, fine arts, athletics, student activities, community service, parent involvement, and most importantly, the opportunity to develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Preschool & Kindergarten
Students may begin their educational career in a State Approved preK3 class.
Elementary grades at FBCS are Grades 1 through 6.
Included in middle school are Grades 7 and 8.
FBCS offers a college prep curriculum and TOPS requirements in high school.
Frequently asked questions
We are looking forward to getting to know your family during the application process and to welcoming you to the FBCS Community.
What grades are available at FBCS?
Grades preK3 through 12 are offered and are State Approved with teachers who meet State qualifications to teach.
What is the student/teacher ratio?
With qualified teachers and teacher aides, preK3 and preK4 may have 20 students in each section, and K5 through 12th grades may have 25 in each section; however, the average student/teacher ratio in K5 through 12th is close to 15:1.
What are the core subjects offered?
Bible, English/language arts, math, history/social studies, and science.
What other subjects are offered?
- preK3-preK4, K5 : music, library
- Grades 1-3 : music, art, library, PE
- Grade 4 : music, art, library, PE, computer
- Grades 5-8: music, art, PE, computer
- Grades 9-12: music, foreign languages, IBCA, PE/First Aid, journalism
Are 8th graders allowed to gain high school credits?
Yes, Algebra 1 and IBCA (Intro to Business Computer Applications)
What curriculum is used?
Among publishers used are ABEKA, BJU Press, Claremont, Glencoe/McGraw Hill
Is Common Core reading and/or math taught at FBCS?
What sports are offered?
FBCS Eagles participate in the Acadiana Christian League for elementary and middle school and ACEL for high school athletics.
- prek4-2nd – Soccer
- Grades 4-8 – Volleyball, girls and boys basketball, baseball, softball, track and field, and golf
- Grades 5-6 – Flag Football
- Grades 7-12 – JV and Varsity Volleyball, Varsity boys basketball, track and field
What other co-curricular activities are available?
- 4-H for grades 4-12
- SOAR club – Grades 8-12 (service club)
- Middle School Student Government
- High School Student Government
- Mock Trial Team
- Private piano and guitar lessons
- District and State Literary Rally
- ACSI Competitions (Grades 1-8)
Is there any care/supervision of children after hours?
Yes. Extended Care is available for all registered FBCS students until 5:30 p.m. on every full school day for a fee of $1.00/15minutes.
What is the cost for a student to attend FBCS?
The registration fee, book fee, and tuition are in the Student Application. Click Here to view the Student Application.
What is the application process?
- Complete the student application. There is no app fee.
- Fax it to us at 337-237-9970.
- We will call and set up a school visit.
- Admission testing is required for students entering grades K5-12. There is a $65 testing fee.
- You may call 337-237-1546. We will be glad to answer any questions.
Registration is due at the time of enrollment.
Book fees are due by April 30, 2019, for returning students. Students who enroll after April 30, 2019, must pay book fees at the time of registration.
Tuition is due by August 1, 2019, for Full Payment Method. The first payment of the 50/50 Method is due by August 1, 2019, with the second payment due by January 6, 2020. The first bank draft payment is scheduled to begin July 15, 2019, with the last payment for the school year due by April 15, 2020.
Families where one or more of the parents are members of a Southern Baptist Church in the Evangeline Baptist Association will receive a $100 tuition discount per student per semester (total $200 per student per year).
Families with a second child registered at FBCS will receive a $62.50 tuition discount per semester (total $125 per year).
Families with three or more children registered at FBCS will receive a $175 tuition discount per semester for student number three and student number four and so on (total $350 per student number three and so on per year).
For questions call: (337) 237-1546 and ask for the accounting department.