First Baptist Christian School offers classes for Pre-K3 through 12th Grade. Core subjects include Bible, English/language arts, math, history/social studies, and science. Other subjects offered include:
- preK3-preK4, K5 : music, library
- Grades 1-3 : music, art, library, PE
- Grade 4 : music, art, library, PE, computer
- Grades 5-8: music, art, PE, computer
- Grades 9-12: music, foreign languages, IBCA, PE/First Aid, journalism
8th graders are allowed to earn High School credits in Algebra 1 and IBCA (Intro to Business Computer Applications).
Publishers used in our curriculum are ABEKA, BJU Press, Claremont, and Glencoe/McGraw Hill.
With qualified teachers and teacher aides, preK3 and preK4 may have 20 students in each section, while K5 through 12th grades may have 25 in each section; however, the average student/teacher ratio in K5 through 12th is close to 15:1.
Common Core reading and math is NOT taught at FBCS.