First Baptist Christian School offers classes for Pre-K3 through 12th Grade. Core subjects include Bible, English/language arts, math, history/social studies, and science. Other subjects offered include:
- preK3-preK4, K5 : music, library
- Grades 1-3 : music, art, library, PE
- Grade 4 : music, art, library, PE, computer
- Grades 5-8: music, art, PE, computer
- Grades 9-12: music, foreign languages, IBCA, PE/First Aid, journalism
8th graders are allowed to earn High School credits in Algebra 1 and IBCA (Intro to Business Computer Applications). Grs 8-12 students may participate in District Literary Rally at UL and State Literary Rally at LSU.
Publishers used in our curriculum are ABEKA, BJU Press, Claremont, and Glencoe/McGraw Hill.
With qualified teachers and teacher aides, preK3 and preK4 may have 20 students in each section, while K5 through 12th grades may have 25 in each section; however, the average student/teacher ratio in K5 through 12th is close to 15:1.
Common Core reading and math is NOT taught at FBCS.
FBCS Eagles participate in the Acadiana Christian League for elementary and middle school and ACEL for high school athletics:
- prek4-2nd – Soccer
- Grades 4-8 – Volleyball, girls and boys basketball, baseball, softball, track and field, and golf
- Grades 5-6 – Flag Football
- Grades 7-12 – JV and Varsity Volleyball, Varsity boys basketball, track and field.
The following groups and activities are available for student participation:
- 4-H for grades 4-12
- SOAR club – Grades 8-12 (service club)
- Middle School Student Government
- High School Student Government
- Mu Alpha Theta, National Math Honor Society
- Beta Club
- Private piano and guitar lessons
- District and State Literary Rally
- ACSI Competitions (Grades 1-8)
Extended Care is available for all registered FBCS students until 5:30 p.m. on every full school day for a fee of $1.00/15minutes.
- Complete the student application. There is no application fee.
- Fax the application to us at 337-237-9970.
- We will call and set up a school visit.
- Admission testing is required for students entering grades K5-12. There is a $65 testing fee.
- You may call 337-237-1546 at any time. We will be glad to answer any questions.
The registration fee, book fee, and tuition are in the Student Application. Click Here to view the Student Application.